Qualification Title: Awareness of protection and safeguarding in health and social care adults and children and young people, early years and childcare
Duration: 24 Guided learning hours
Assessment: Written description
On successful completion of the qualification, the learner will:
- Understand protection and safeguarding in health and social care (adults and children and young people), early years and childcare.
They will be able to:
- Define ‘protection of vulnerable adults’
- Define ‘safeguarding children’
- Explain the term ‘harm, abuse and neglect’ in the context of protecting vulnerable adults, and safeguarding children
- Give examples of the indicators of harm, abuse and neglect.
- Identify what actions should be taken if there are concerns about harm, abuse and neglect
- Describe the boundaries of confidentiality and when to share information
- Explain who is responsible for protecting vulnerable adults and safeguarding children.
- Identify what organisations should do to protect vulnerable adults and safeguard Children
- Identify sources of support and information in relation to protection and safeguarding.