The best way to avoid food poisoning is to ensure high standards of food hygiene are maintained when storing, handling and preparing food. Knowledge of food hygiene is essential for any person who handles food in order to be taken to prevent the risks associated with food poisoning.
This unit will help you to develop and demonstrate your knowledge about and ability to meet food safety requirements when preparing, serving, clearing away and storing food and drink for individuals in your workplace.
On successful completion of the qualification, the learner will:
- Understand the importance of food safety measures when providing food and drink for individuals
- Be able to maintain hygiene when handling food and drink
- Be able to meet safety requirements when preparing and serving food and drink for individuals
- Be able to meet safety requirements when clearing away food and drink
- Be able to store food and drink safely
- Know how to access additional advice or support about food safety.