Qualification Title: Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
Duration: Three days
Assessment: Practical assessment plus activities and exam
The Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work is a two-unit, three-day course that will enable successful candidates to act as a first aider in their workplace.
- Unit 1: Emergency First aid in the Workplace
- Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
On successful completion of the qualification, the learner will will understand the roles and responsibilities of a first aider and be able to:
- Assess an incident
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is both breathing/not breathing normally
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Manage a casualty with a minor injury
- Conduct a secondary survey.
The learner will learn how to administer first aid to a casualty with:
- Injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- Suspected head and spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Sudden poisoning
- Suspected major illnesses.