Qualification Title:Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
Duration: One day
Assessment: Practical assessment plus multiple-choice exam
The Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to enable first aid to be given to employees if they are injured or become ill at work. These regulations apply to all workplaces, including those with five or fewer employees, and to the self-employed.
The Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work may be more suitable for lower-risk work environments, such as offices and shops and/or organisations with fewer than 100 employees. For regulatory purposes, successfully completing the CIEH Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work will enable the candidate to act as a first aider in the workplace.
On successful completion of the qualification, the learner will understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider and be able to:
- Assess an incident
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally and not breathing normally
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Manage a casualty who is in shock
- Manage a casualty with a minor injury.