Qualification Title: Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in Health & Social Care
Duration: One day
Assessment: Multiple-choice examination
The Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in Health & Social Care will benefit anyone working directly with patients/clients in a health and social care setting (for example hospitals and care homes), as it provides candidates with essential knowledge and understanding of a range of health & safety issues. By highlighting typical workplace hazards and suggesting effective control measures, it will help them to work more safely and be more aware of how their own actions can affect the health, safety and well-being of others. It will also enable them to contribute meaningfully to any risk assessment-based health & safety management system.
This qualification is equally useful for those already in employment and those preparing to start or return to work.
On successful completion of the qualification, the learner will:
- Appreciate the nature of health and safety in a health & social care context
- Understand the scope of legislative requirements
- Understand the principles of accident prevention
- Understand employees’ and employers’ health & safety responsibilities
- understand the main risks and hazards for patients, clients and carers.