Qualification Title: Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace
Duration: One day
Assessment: Multiple-choice examination
The Level 2 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace will benefit employees in a variety of work environments, as it provides candidates with essential knowledge and understanding of a range of health & safety issues. By highlighting typical workplace hazards and suggesting effective control measures, it will help them to work more safely and be more aware of how their own actions can affect the health, safety and well-being of others. It will also enable them to contribute meaningfully to any risk-assessment-based health & safety management system.
This qualification is equally useful for those already in employment and those preparing to start or return to work.
On successful completion of the qualification, the learner will:
- Understanding the principles of health & safety and accident prevention
- Have the ability to contribute to any health & safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health & safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety.